Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What?! Again?! Job Eliminated

After a week's worth of vacation, I returned to my place with a bright shiny face on time, one half hour early at 7:30 am yesterday.

I noticed my boss was in - unusual but no terribly so - and I sat down to start opening e-mail. Just after 8 I noticed her leaving her office heading toward aisle number 1. I'm in aisle number 2. She returned a second or two later with my nemesis, Tossy for fun and into our veep's office. Door closed. Never a good sign.

They exited not too much later and within 15 minutes she came and got me. I didn't see it coming. I thought I was safe for the short term of two to six months.

Our veep, Empty for fun, simply said my position was eliminated and yesterday was my last day. I spent about two minutes with the outplacement folks and returned to my workstation to pack up my stuff.

Tossy stayed for hours, throwing things out. How odd, I thought? She's been terminated, her email is turned off but she's permitted to throw files out?!

I didn't do that. I didn't straighten up anything. I didn't leave a list of to-dos or nuthin'. They can do it.

So here am I am again. 54, bald and unemployed. But a killer tan from a week at the pool and a pretty flat waistline from all the walking and bean recipes from the Weasel, or, Mimi as someone yet to be named calls her. For Weasel, it's all about her, or, me,me, me and thus Mimi. I prefer Weasel because she is.

There's nothing anyone can say. I feel differently every day. Right now I'm cooking chicken becuase no one invited the unemployed to dinner.

Do I have to end this or just stop typing

2 comments:

  1. This is my own comment just to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another one from me. Screw em'! You're well rid of them and something better will come along in 7 or 8 days!

    ReplyDelete