Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Will I Do it Again the Same Way?

Here's what's on my mind about this situation right now.

I know that yesterday morning, the same people who walked in late and took their time getting started before the axe fell behaved exactly the same way. The fact that several people in our own small group no longer had jobs doesn't make an impression on them at all.

As a matter of fact, one of my former co-workers (I tried to spell colleague but it didn't look right) posted on her Facebook that she 'was sad for Mark' and two people who worked in adjacent workstations to me posted replies.

From work!

On their personal FB pages!

They don't get it.

Or maybe I'm the one who doesn't get it.

Is it becasue I was raised by Great Depression Era parents? Work hard, come in early, stay late, don't make personal phone calls. Vacation requests are submitted in the form of a question, not a statement. Be a good boy.

That's how I behaved and look where it got me.

No where to go on a sunny day because if I went somewhere, I'd feel guilty.

That'll be a thought for another time, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mark - stumbled on your blog this morning from Twitter. thought I'd give you an official comment from someone else. i like the lower case. i might steal that one for my next post. guess its not stealing since i just told you i'm doing it. My husband was out of work for 14 months. Just started a new gig last week. Keep your sense of humor, it comes in handy.

    www.randomthoughtsbyrebecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark - It's Julie from the PR finale show. I am so sorry to hear about your job being eliminated, that stinks. Chin up, it will get better. I know how disheartening it can be to work so hard and see others not doing anything and yet they get ahead. It is horrible.

    ReplyDelete